Saturday, March 21, 2015

Armatures what I learned

I like to use armature for the big stuff. I Learned a lot from sarafina fiber arts you tube videos. i like the way she anchors the legs. I have applied that technique to some of the other stuff I have felted. I want my felted animals to be to scale at this point i may want to do some caricatures of animals in the future but for now I would like to keep them accurate. So i have been measuring pictures in books or on my kindle in cm then translating them into inches this is the measurements I am going to use for the giraffe .



Even though koi whch is all polyfil except the black spots does not have an armature I still measured  a koi picture the the picture was 5 inches but the final koi is 10 inches I marked where each fin started and ended to get it to look real.  


This is the wrapped armature for a big cat i am working on.
I hope to post the giraffe when it is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment