Sunday, March 29, 2015

Needle felted giraffe tips

Ok so I learned a lot from this experiment. I was very intimidated by having to add all the spots. three lessons I learned.
First if you are going to apply spots directly to the giraffe then you need to be sure it is very firm before you start if it is still mushy the spots go in and the space between them will be too wide when finished. one option is to create a sheet of spots using the brush and multi-needle punch tool to make the spots flat and even.

 


 
The other thing I tried was to make the spots angular like in real life I feted a sheet of brown with the multi tool and brush pad. then I cut with scissors (heaven forbid) the sheet into the angular shapes and felted them one I really like the control this method gave me.
 
I also had to pull off the horns cut them smaller and place them closer to the eyes as they were too far back. That cutting worked well also.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment