Sunday, March 15, 2015

koolaid wool dying

Now that my wool came I tried dying it. The wool came as a plain off white color to start. I used the instructions from this website http://dyeyouryarn.com/kool-aid.html. we used 1 pack cherry and 1pack tropical punch 16oz of water to 2 oz of wool.
this is how it cam out.
.
I think it came out well I am looking to make a cardinal or red dragon from this.
The other batch did not go as well since we started with purple kool aid and added some green from fizzy bath color tabs. it seem really grey and I wanted brown so we added a pack of orange kool aid after we did not mix it well so some inner parts di not get the orange . it is a cool effect and looks fairly natural but I don't think I will make the mistake of adding a color after the wool is already sitting in another color.
  it is kind of tye dyed. eventually I am going to try to color small amounts of polyfil with fabric crayons and an iron.




No comments:

Post a Comment