Sunday, March 15, 2015

shaping with the needle

I finally got my wool order 2lbs is a lot when the most you can get in the store is 4oz. So I immediately set to felting. Having worked on polyfil for the 2 weeks while I waited I thought I would be able to compare working with wool versus polyfil.
The wool I found not as easy to shape as the polyfil. it seems the polyfil gets firmer faster and so I like working with it. The wool does not seem to firm s much and so doesn't hold shape as well with out lots of building up. I read on one of the many felting blogs that it may take 8-15 hours of stabbing to firm up a wool sculpture. I do not have that amount of time for felting. this make polyfil superior in my eyes. Now I need to figure out how to blend the sculpture of polyfil with the color of wool. 
these kitty paws are felted of polyfil.

No comments:

Post a Comment