Thursday, March 5, 2015

ok real start

Ok I am really starting now. I always said I would never cave to face book then when i checked my husbands account more then he did he made me get my own. I am much more of a lurker then a poster i love to keep tabs on my friends new and old but I am not good at sharing. Then i thought i would try out pinterest and that is where i discovered felting. I started with one or two boards and now I have 13 boards 3 have to do with felting.
Just before Christmas 2014 I bought a kit from amazon for this cat...




an although i am not particularly proud if it as it is under done. it was so much fun and provided me with my first needle. I had to immediately get more supplies. I bought a brush and multi-needle tool before i even knew what they were for.
 At this point i would probably buy them now that i know what they are for. they are both really great for flat needle felting but not as helpful for 3d sculpture. I do use then for ears and other flat shapes so not as great for other stuff. my best purchase was the set of needles 38s 38t 36t 40t. it was good to see what each could do.









After the first kit i did a lot of experiments based on pins I collected boards I read and YouTube videos I watched. Special thanks to Sarafina fiber arts and her you tube tutorials especially for armatures.


No comments:

Post a Comment