Saturday, March 21, 2015

sculptural effects with polyfil felting

I really like needle felting with polyester stuffing i call it polyfil. it is a pain that it only comes in white but I have been able to get faster and better sculptural effects. it is probably hard to see but i even had some feather effects on the owl chest and of course his face. i suspect i am either using the wrong wool or i am just not poking it long enough. 
I should have a better idea if it is me or the wool once i try my kool aid dyed wool. this is the first sculpture with a glass pebble eyes it was kind of opalescent i painted the back black and yellow its kind of a neat effect but will take a lot more practice to get right any small imperfection is multiplied by the magnification of the water drop shape. This is for my mom. I made my mother in law a dolphin. I am going to bring my felting stuff to try and get my mother or sister interested in felting with me my mom likes sculpture with clay and my sister is a crochet fanatic so they are good candidates.


No comments:

Post a Comment